Originally from Northern California, I have lived in Italy, The Netherlands, and now in Germany with my husband and our dog, Frida. I have degrees in History/Art History and Arts Management, both of which had a focus on art in public spaces. In my free time I like to sew my own clothes, swim, listen to podcasts, or tramp through the nearby forest with Frida.
I am an editor with a passion for clear communication.
I have robust editorial training and a background in the cultural and nonprofit sectors. My goal is to help passionate, creative people put their vision into precise words and make their business communication more efficient. My technical skills combined with my empathetic approach will help you express yourself clearly and confidently.
Education and professional development
- 06/2022: Web Editing course, Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP)
- 05/2022: upgraded to Professional Member of CIEP
- 09/2021: online annual CIEP conference
- 10/2020: online “Access for All: Plain Language is a Civil Right” conference
- 10/2019: Essential Copy-editing course, Publishing Training Centre (PTC)
- 09/2019: 12th International Plain Language conference
- 07/2019: TESOL Certification course
- 05/2018: upgraded to Intermediate Member of CIEP
- 11/2017: Basic Proofreading course, PTC
- 09/2017: 11th International Plain Language conference
- 03/2017: Introduction to Proofreading course, CIEP
- 06/2014: MA, Arts Management, Hogeschool voor de Kunsten Utrecht
- 12/2011: BA, History, Art History (minor), Humboldt State University
I edit for humans, not algorithms. I listen before I write. I respect the author’s unique voice and the readers’ urgent needs. I invest in professional memberships and regular training. I follow the CIEP Code of Practice to deliver a high standard of work. I charge industry-suggested rates. I aim for a work-life balance. I donate 3% of my annual income to causes that I care about at the end of the year.
Ready to get started?
Send me a message and let’s talk about your project!